If you receive an item that does not work properly, we recommend that both parties cooperate in an effort to determine the following:
- Do some functions work or is the item completely non-functional?
- Is there a button engaged inadvertently (mute, tape monitor, etc.)?
- Does it have fuses (external and/or internal) that can be replaced to make the item functional?
- Could something have come loose inside the item?
- Could it have been damaged in shipping?
If the problem is not resolvable, then both parties should communicate via telephone towards a solution. If a return for refund is the solution, then the payment and shipping could occur in the same order as the initial transaction. So, if payment was initially sent before the item was first shipped, the refund should be sent first and then the item returned, thus maintaining an equal level of trust between both parties.
If the two parties can not come to a solution, or if one party is not willing to cooperate, then either party may consider filing a Dispute. Audiogon provides an online mechanism for considering problems: Submit a Transaction Dispute.
Need more help? Feel free to submit a support request.