Audiogon strives to maintain a forum that is informative, focused, and dynamic. In order to maintain a cohesive and vital database, we moderate the in a number of ways.
- Threads are kept on-topic and relevant to our members.
- Threads are closed if they are repetitive or hold little long-term interest.
- Threads are closed if the standards of discussion are deteriorating.
Why A Forum Discussion May Be Removed
- The question has been answered many times in the past.
- The question is not detailed enough to solicit answers.
- The question is not relevant to the discussion of this hobby.
- The question is poorly worded, contains foul language, or is an attempt to sell or promote a user's product.
Why a Forum Post May Be Removed
- It appears to be spam
- Abusive towards another member
- Depicts explicit and/or violent content
- Contains profanity
We discourage rude or condescending behavior, but at the same time, we encourage active cooperation and passionate disagreement about audio-related issues, which can sometimes be a fine line.
If your Forum Post or Discussion was removed, it is because a user flagged it for breaking our community rules and a Support Agent reviewed the report and agreed. We also will send an email alerting you with a list of reasons why it was removed.