Does Audiogon Offer Shipping Insurance?
Shipping insurance is offered on Audiogon through EasyPost.
Insurance is 1.65% of the declared value. EasyPost will insure up to $5,000 per shipment.
How Do I Purchase Shipping Insurance?
After a buyer completes the transaction and chooses their shipping method, Sellers can elect to add insurance during the Purchase/Printing Shipping Label step.
How do I File A Shipping Insurance Claim?
If EasyPost insurance is purchased through Audiogon and an item is damaged, a claim has to be opened within 30 days of when the Label was purchased: Submit a Support Ticket.
CAVEATS AND CONDITIONS
Full lists of these can be found at the EasyPost website, but here are some highlights ...
EasyPost Shipping Insurance does NOT include:
- Loss, damage, or non-arrival of any package or its contents which (a) is addressed, wrapped, or packed insufficiently, incorrectly, or contrary to carrier's packaging requirements; or (b) bears a descriptive label or packaging which tends to describe nature of contents EXCEPT if shipped via Parcel Post and required by Postal Laws and Regulations.
- Damage which is deemed exceedingly minor, frequently occurring, or caused by the nature of the product itself regardless of careful handling.
- Cosmetic damages limited to the packaging where the intended good is not damaged.
- Any package where the damage is deemed preventable had the shipment included the appropriate use of packing materials such as, but not limited to, packaging tape, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, crumpled paper, styrofoam, or mail rollers.
- Surcharges, including but not limited to: shipping costs, tariffs, seller fees, and processing fees.
As for conditions:
- EasyPost will not be liable if packages are not reported to EasyPost within 30 days and where the related premiums had not remitted. When submitting a claim to EasyPost Insurance, you waive the right to seek a claim with any other insurance provider for the same shipment. EasyPost Insurance will not cover any package that is already being processed by other carrier insurance(s). EasyPost Insurance will not process any claims which are initiated, pending, or completed by, another insurance provider.
- All claims regarding damage are to be completed with EasyPost within thirty (30) days of shipping label creation. All claims regarding loss are to be completed with EasyPost thirty (30) days past shipping label creation, but no later than sixty (60) days past shipping label creation. All damaged property for which payment (not repair cost) or replacement has been requested or made, must on request, be returned to EasyPost. FAILURE TO RETAIN DAMAGE PROPERTY MAY AFFECT FINAL SETTLEMENT OF CLAIM.
- Claims regarding loss or damage where the shipment is signed for will not be honored, unless adequate proof is provided to support theft or mishandling.
- For claims regarding damage, EasyPost may request for the item to be examined and a repair quote to be issued and submitted to EasyPost for review. If the repair service is able to restore the item to its intended condition, EasyPost may choose to settle the claim for the value of the repair, rather than the full value of the item.
The maximum amount of insurance that can be purchased through EasyPost is $5,000 per shipment.